twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Blush Collection, Expanded and Swatched.

So I got this crazy idea after sorting through my brush drawers for the umpteenth billionth time, that I ought to swatch or some how mark my blushes so I could know the finish, the color without having to open them all and taking up precious time. I get pretty tired sorting my makeup and sitting in the chair, so I decided to just sort them once and for all.

I sorted by color, first. Light/Brightest to darkest. I then grouped similar colors together. I swatched them on watercolor I managed to scavenge from my youngest daughter. The paper worked wonderfully, I was able to use my fingers to basically smudge the blush onto the paper and have it 'grab' the pigment and shimmer and/or glitter.

I discovered that I have far more coral blushes than anything else, and being a neutral/warm leaning person, that works out well for me. I discovered a few shades that I am particularly fond of and I discovered a few finishes I really enjoy and a couple that I wasn't a fan of.

Here's what the drawer looks like now. All of them are marked with a light pencil or eraseable frixxon pen so it's not overly evident from a distance. I lost count at 120 blushes. I think I might just be a bit of a blush hoarder...
Blush drawer of doom
I just realized that I haven't swatched my 'complete palette' blush like my Tarte Showstopper and I think I have a few more that I will get to later. I am seriously contemplating organizing my eyeshadows in a similar fashion, but I may go mad doing it! (grins)

What do you think about swatching blushes? Is it completely anal? Overly OCD?

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template