twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Monday, February 2, 2015

Feel the Burn- Beauty Without Cruelty - Aromatherapy Skin Care AHA Facial Cleanser

Ow, ow.. ow ow ow. OWWIE! 



I wish I could say that this cleanser was good for my sensitive skin, but that would be a gravely misguided.  My skin turns bright red and I now have irritant dermatitis forming around my mouth and chin area and my skin feels tight. Very depressing.

I was hoping that it would be an AHA product that I could use. Not happening. I discovered the warning on the website that I should perform a patch test before using it on my skin, and I KNOW that I should do that with my rosacea, but I wasn't thinking. I was hoping for a cleanser to use as a chemical exfoliant. Big.fudging.fail. I think I may have mixed up Beauty Without Cruelty and Juice Beauty in my head. Not my best moment.

AND IT HAS LAVENDER in it for the love of pete!  I must give this to someone else or bury it in the backyard. :( Please learn from my mistakes and toss this out if you get it or someone gifts you this in an attempt to help your skin 'clear up'. It will not help you.

Ingredients that were too tiny to read on the package:
Purified water, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice*, sodium C14-16 olefin
sulfonate,
cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium lauryl glucosides hydroxypropyl sulfonate,
Lavandula
hybrida (lavandin) oil*, Pelargonium roseum (geranium rose) oil, Citrus sinensis
(sweet orange) oil*, Cananga odorata (ylang ylang) oil*, Lavandula angustifolia
(lavender) extract*, Calendula officinalis (calendula)
extract*, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract*, Lonicera fragrantissima
(honeysuckle) extract*, Cucumis sativus (cucumber) extract*, panthenol,
allantoin, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate,
glycerin, glycolic acid, malic acid, citric acid, tocopherol, sodium benzoate,
potassium sorbate
*Organic
10% Organic Content








2 comments:

  1. Speaking of chemical exfoliants, do you have any suggestions? I got this in my Ipsy bag a couple of months ago, it doesn't cause my skin to go crazy like yours but I think it does up my redness factor, which is the exact opposite of what I'm trying to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am about to test out the Juice Beauty Sensitive Peel http://www.juicebeauty.com/store/green-apple-peel-sensitive.html To be frank, I am a bit nervous!

    ReplyDelete

blogger template