twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Oil haul and Glycerin!


Yesterday I got 4 oils and 1oz of glycerin from Butterbear products.

Glycerin is a humectant which means it attracts and moisturises skin. Glycerine also repairs skin but it CANNOT be used at 100% because it can actually take moisture FROM the skin causing blistering! ACK! So I am going to be mixing it in with a water base, and seeing how it helps my skin. :)

Cherry Kernel oil has properties that are pain relieving called prostaglandins. I am pretty excited about working that into a muscle rub or acne treatment.

Hazelnut is similar to almond oil, so I am pretty excited to find it. Tons of Vitamin E and is used to treat oily skin. Sounds like a fun summer oil to try.

Macadamia is super emollient, so I am interested in that around my eye area and on my elbows and ankles.

Castor is getting a lot of good press as part of the oil cleansing method and people are using it as a lash serum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template